Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what is the amost current update ?

with out much thought I upgraded the software on my 6700 to 1.9.9 and then I visited the fexlradiosysystems web site and it states that the latest update is 1.9.13 and I do not run maestro .  so is it ok to run 1.9.9 with not using maestro or should I load 1.9.13 ?  

Also when will I be able to run real diversity reception using two antennas ? How long do I need to wait for the 2.0 update ?   thanks John kb2huk

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    John, It won't hurt to load the 1.9.13. It may have a few improvements. You can run true diversity today. I do it almost every day on two different yagis on two different towers. Page 67 of the SmartSDR Software users guide. The 2.0 update will primarily give you the ability to operate your radio over the wide area network (Internet) without using a third party application like SoftEther. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • K3ZJ - Dave
    K3ZJ - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Apparently in the software world ".13" is treated as a higher number than ".9".  In the mathematical world, of course, ".9" is higher than ".13".  Think of it this way: if software version, add "0s" before the number; if math, add "0s" after the number.  So if software, ".9" = ".09".  If math, the same ".9" = ".90".  (Don't ask why, I haven't a clue.)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

The decimal point before the suffix does not have any relationship to the number 9. You have to really dumb down and realize that 13 is larger than 9. Life is hard being a ham and network nut.

Jim, K6QE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.