Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange SmartSDR display rendering.

I was zooming out (using the - on bottom left) on the SmartSDR display this morning as one half of the waterfall looked oddly distorted and I thought that there might be some kind of strange signal on the band.  The picture below shows what ended up being displayed.  Unfortunately, I did not capture a screen shot of the distortion.

I am using a Samsung 4K display and this it the first time I have seen a odd rendering.  I shutdown SmartSdr and restarted it and all was well again.  Unless, it happens again I will not submit a support request but was wondering if other get these kind of odd display renderings?

John K3MA

Answers

• NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I've seen the waterfall out of sync with the upper display (showing sigs in one and not in the other, as if the waterfall was off a few kc; changing bands fixed it). It looks like you were missing part of a refresh. A band change might have cured it... 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.