Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 Palstar AT Auto and Acom 600S

Moose
Moose Member ✭✭
The Palstar AT Auto has a CI-V bus. With the Icom IC-7600 I had before I got a 6500 I connected the AT Auto to the CI-V output on the radio and then connected the 600S to one of the aux CI-V ports on the AT Auto. Can I do basically the same thing with DDUtil on my PC and then connecting my PC to the tuner and then the amp to the tuner? Or do I need independent connections between the PC and tuner and PC and amp?

73 Chris AK4SK

Answers

• Mal
    Mal Member
    edited April 2019
    I always found the CI-V on the AT Auto to be a PIA especially if you have more than one rig.
    I just have the AT Auto in the line after the AMP and just give a quick tune with my 6700 with the amp off or on standby. I have the tune mode set to 15w.
    Right now I am only using the tuner with the 6700 and only on some parts of 80m, so most of the time it's off.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    You are going to need 2 connections.   When you connect the AT-Auto to the PC through a serial port remember you need to go into the AT-auto and set the cat for Kenwood Cat Only for it to work properly. In DDUTIL enable the port under "other" and set the baud rate to 9600 to match up with the AT-auto.  That's how I have mine set.  Then you need to hook up the amp also.  I have a different amp than you but setup would be the same.

I don't believe the AT-Auto will put out any CIV commands on it's own.  It only repeats what it gets and hooked up serially it won't have any to repeat.

Hope this helps.

Harold
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Harold. I believe you are correct that it only repeats commands. Two connections isn't a big deal, I just like to simply that kind of stuff when I can.

73 Chris AK4SK
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Mal. I'm only using one rig but I understand that concern.

73 Chris AK4SK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.