Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SMART SDR v1.0.7 TX Level not working correctly

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just updated my iPAD Mini 4 to SSDR v1.0.7 and noticed my TX Level is maxed out all the time when iPAD is selected.   When PTT is depressed the level goes full right into the yellow and red at the 0 level.  Making any adjustments to mic gain does not matter it's always displaying max right?????  Any ideas? 

I've also noticed the compression level seems to be working but it's almost 3/4 full left.  

Cal/N3CAL

Comments

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Cal,

SSDR for iOS 1.0.7 also does the same here.  Using an iPad Pro, during TX, the level meter is pinned full-scale when the iPad input is selected.  A workaround I have discovered is to enable the level meter during receive (on the Flex Settings / Phone menu). Then the level meter seems to work correctly while transmitting.  Of course, it flickers incessantly during receive if you are using the iPad's built-in speakers.  (A tangential question:  Is there a way to control the mic noise cancellation such as is used in Skype?)

The compression levels could be excessive because you might be over-driving the mic level.  Hard to tell without a functioning meter.

Despite a few minor bugs,SSDR for iOS is a very impressive app.

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Cal,

thanks for reporting this. There is a setting under "Flex ... settings" -> Phone -> Level Meter during Receive. If you switch it on, the level meter will work.

This is obviously a bug I will fix with the next version but switching on this setting will at least work as a workaround (even though it's only working on TX not on RX).

@Bob: you wrote "few minor bugs", are there additional bugs I am not aware of ? My bug list currently only has this new "Level Meter" bug listed.

vy 73,
    Marcus

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    There ability to store a negative repeater off set still does not work. I have to set up a "split" with one receive and one for transmit for it to work. The memory data file always returns a 0 value after entering .6 or .600 when you come back to it later. Watts K4QJZ
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited December 2019
    Ah, ok, thanks, but it isn't implemented the way that you have/need to enter a negative value. There is a Reverse switch (which was missing and which is now available) just like the "REV" button in SmartSDR for Windows.

Can you try this please and let me know.

Thanks,
    vy 73,
    Marcus
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks everyone for the reply!  I've got the level meter turned on during receive now and it's working ok.  73

Cal/N3CAL
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Marcus,

The only other current bug I was aware of is the negative repeater offset issue, but you have addressed that.

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Bob, this is good to know. I am of course pretty sure that there might be some additional bugs as this is software and we are human but I hope at least there is no major bug but even though I am interested to know any bug regardless of small or big so I can put them on my ToDo list.

But for now, I am happy that there isn't any (additional) and so I can concentrate on adding new features like logging or Behringer DJ controller support.

Thanks again guys,
    vy 73,
    Marcus
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Marcus,  I just noticed that if the level meter is enabled for receive, when I mute the speaker using the icon on the top menu, it also stops the level meter and leaves it at whatever level it was when the mute icon was pressed.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Bob, it is probably related but good to know so I can check for this as well after fixing this.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.