Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for iOS on two devices . 2 Purchases ?

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Third-Party Software
I purchased SmartSDR for iOS through the Apple store and placed it on my Iphone.  I then realized that having an Ipad Mini laying around unused, it made sense to put SmartSDR iOS on the Ipad.  However, it appears it wants me to purchase a second copy of SmartSDR for iOS.  Is this standard practice for app that involve a fee, a separate purchase for each device ?  When apps are a couple of dollars I pay no attention, but when they are $49 that gets my attention. 

Andy K3UK

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If your iPhone and iPad are on the same iTunes account then they both should work. I run it in an iPhone iPad Aur 2 and iPad Pro. One copy multiple devices
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The Apple "secret code" to tell a buyer they can use the same app purchase on other iOS devices that are on the same account is that "Family Sharing" is "Yes." This shows in the App Store for the program in the Information list. I've really enjoyed having SmartSDR for iOS on my iPad and iPhone. It is a very well done implementation. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    As Howard said, once it is purchased once on your account it can be installed on any number of compatible devices on your account at no additional charge. You have to tap "restore" once you download SmartSDR and all the features will be enabled. If "restore" doesn't work, simply attempt to repurchase and the App Store will say that you already purchased the feature and will ask if you want to download again for free.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    OK, thanks .  I missed the "restore" option.  All working now.  Seems REAL ODD to be on the couch watching football and operating the RSGB contest via CWX.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As far as I know the Apple developer license states that all non-consumable in-app purchases should be restorable on every device that is associated with a common account. I have to double check but I have never seen an option to limit it. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's 10 devices total, but no more than 5 computers. So those 10 devices can all be iOS devices if you really wanted to. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It was probably an assumption.

I believe the 5 computer limit came about when iTunes home sharing was introduced. Since Apple had to please the music industry, this mandate likely came from them. But with all things Apple nobody knows since Apple (tries to) keep everything secret. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.