Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Are SmartSDR v1.9.7 updates compatible with current SmartSDR for iOS?

Options
Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
Have been holding off on installing SSDR v 1.9.7. Does anyone know if the updates are compatible with the current release of SmartSDR for iOS?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Arnie, don't forget the Flex-6000 series are servers. The software you use are clients to the radio. Consequently SSDR iOS really doesn't care what version SSDR is. It's addressing a server. Hope this helped.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks Bob. I realize that the software is a client. However, there are frequently firmware updates to the radio that are associated with installing the new software version. This is the reason for my question. Do you know the answer to my inquiry?
    Tnx de Arnie W8DU
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

The recent SmartSDR for iOS update is in use at my shack with my 6700 on SmartSDR 1.9.7  without any issue. 

Steve K9ZW

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your answers Bob and Steve,

I just like to add the following:

FlexRadio and me, we are working very close together. Also several Alpha team users are using the iOS App and reporting any possible bugs or incompatibility that may arise with any update.

I personally install any update and ensure that it is working well with the currently available iOS App. If that's not the case, I will provide a quick update.

In addition, I will also ensure that the iOS Version will include all improvements such as new settings or features. In addition, I will also ensure compatibility with any iOS Update.

These days, both come together at the same time, there is a new iOS Version 10 and a new SmartSDR version.

As I had the opportunity to already prepare my App for both changes, you don't need to worry about the SmartSDR 1.9 update or the iOS 10 update. The App just runs fine with both updates and I also like to encourage everybody to install those updates as soon as they can.

However, I am already working on the next version of the iOS App which will not just add some new features and fixes but also the new enhancements for SmartSDR 1.9.

This update will be available soon and of course for free.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.