Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX goes to sleep

Options
AH0U
AH0U Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have several of the usual CW macros stored in CWX and they work fine, but if I don't use them for a few minutes they don't work unless I click on SEND first or click on the correct F number in setup.... CWX seems to go to sleep if not keyed for a few minutes... Is this normal??? Pain in the %^&* if it is.

Answers

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Maybe you moved your mouse during that time. If you move your mouse you're going to have to hit the send button again. Not sure what the solution for this is but it is very annoying, especially when someone sends you a quick BK. Maybe there's a way to quickly get back to the send mode from the keyboard but I haven't found it yet.

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It does not work that way for me. As long as focus is on the SSDR window, CWX from the function keys works every time (so far.)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If your "focus" isn't on SSDR, then the CWX function keys will not send. The keys will do whatever they are programmed to do in whatever program has focus. If you have been entering something in your log or checking your DX cluster or antenna rotor, then CWX is not active. I sometimes forget that when sending with winkeyer emulation in ACLog, wondering why sometimes it sends the macros in CWX and other times the macros in ACLog!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.