Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

smartsdr ios problems with VPN and audio

Options
124»

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Do you have a VPN portal setup in your home If not, search Softether on this community. Lots of detailed threads on how to set it up Then setup a L2TP VPN on your iPad. Again search VPN and iPad. Lots of detailed threads
  • John W9KXQ
    John W9KXQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks Howard, I think that I have the VPN portal set up in my home, I followed Chris' instructions for the Raspberry Pi so I will search as you have suggested.  I guess I didn't know what to search on.
    John
    W9KXQ
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Glad to know that works. I was going to go that route at first but a couple reasons I didn't. I've read that open vpn had not been upgraded or continually supported in some time, so as many on here have done, I went with soft ether. Not sure if that is a viable option at the router level or not. I know most that support vpn do so with open vpn.. The other reason is that my R8000 is set up as an access point which disables the ability to set up vpn on the advanced menu. Is there a way around that? If I set up vpn in the normal Wi-Fi router mode first, then switch to AP mode, will it keep the vpn running?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.