Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter #1 problem?

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex 6700 Radio While Running 2 Panadapters on 20 meters today I noticed that the first Pan had a slowly rising slope on the higher frequency end of the scale. So I set both pans up to be identical (frequency, vertical and horizontal scale, Averaging, FPS, bandwidth, etc.). The result was a definite 5 db slope across Panadapter #1. To double check on which one was right, I set all 8 Panadapters to be identical. The other 6 pans agreed with pan 2 very well as shown in the attached photo. Where the 7 pans showed the noise floor to start and end at approximately -115 db, pan 1 started at -115 db but then sloped up to end at approximately -110. Since the picture is small compared to the 43-inch monitor (TV) it is hard to make out all the details, but the difference can be seen between the end of pan 1 (upper left) and start of pan 5 (upper right). I wonder if anyone else has this problem (if it is a problem) or should I submit it to the Flex tech guys for investigation. Al, N4AB image

Comments

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    AL

Look at slice A your on Antenna 2 for receive the rest are on antenna 1.

Ian
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Well that was ****, and I spent an hour making sure every thing was the same, duh. thanks Ian.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.