Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Oh those down home OpusStream blues ...

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR API
Problems with trying to figure out how to properly get AND use an OpusStream to enable remote operation in my client program.  I am using the FlexLib (not ethernet) API.

Do I need to create an OpusStream? Just what all needs to be done to accomplish operating remote like SSDR by just using the remote button?

My App connects locally (with my PC and the 6300 both going into the same gigabyte switch) and no problems.  But from my laptop using wireless on local LAN I can connect but no laptop audio.

Of  course, SSDR on the laptop connects fine also and when I click on the Remote button I get audio just fine.

Anybody have any luck doing this in FlexLib ??

---Gary WB8ROL

Answers

• Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

It's curious.  In version 1.8.4 of FlexLib I see this in RequestOpusStreamFromRadio() // send the command to the radio to create the object...need to change this..

//_radio.SendReplyCommand(new ReplyHandler(UpdateStreamID), "stream create opus");

• Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It's curious.  In version 1.8.4 of FlexLib I see this in RequestOpusStreamFromRadio():
     // send the command to the radio to create the object...need to change this..
     //_radio.SendReplyCommand(new ReplyHandler(UpdateStreamID), "stream create opus");
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Gary,

If your application works fine on one system and not another, I would suspect a firewall issue.  Could you disable the firewall temporarily to test this theory?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.