Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

re power meter calibration

AH0U
AH0U Member

No matter what band, no matter what mode, no matter what ATU setting my RE power meter on the 6700 reads almost exactly 10 watts less than what my Bird or Alpha 4510 in line read..is there a way to calibrate the meter??? ten watts error in 70 watts is a big error.

tnx, bc

Answers

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    That might be worth submitting as an idea. Different meters don't always agree - my tuner shows about 10-12 watts higher than my flex screen does, but it's pretty clear that a lot of Hams want their flex meter to show  the same power  as whatever other meter they are using. This would be just an adjustment of what the flex meter shows - not an actual power change. You pick the standard, and tweak  the indicated reading on the flex to that.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    That is about the same as mine... Flex meter is consistently ten watts low
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Suggest you read the official answers posted on

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/6500-power

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There is not a way for the user to calibrate the meter.

There can be numerous reasons it is reading low.  The fact that you are measuring at different places in the RF signal path (standing waves) is one significant factor.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.