Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 meter transverter setup Ebay Ham-Store Ukraine

Larry _ NY8T
Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I Have a 28 Mhz to 144 Mhz  ordered from ebay (Ukraine Ham-Store)

Can someone that is using one of these post a screen shot of your Transverter setup page,  this is my first time using a transverter and don't want to make any mistakes, Thanks.

I will be running it on a 6500.

Answers

• Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited February 2019

Hi Larry,

I will be interested in your results also looking at that 2M Transverter 

Also I don't think you will need the attenuator board as the output of the Flex is low level.

Tried a VLF converter but unfortunately SmartSDR only does up convert not down at the moment.

Pretty easy to setup just enter the IF of the tranverter in the Transverter setup screen and the power level you want out of the 6500 transverter  port. 

Best of 73

Cliff VK2NP

• Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I too would be interested in how well it works for you especially on the RX side.
    Rick, W2JAZ
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    image The RX gain can be pretty much anything, and reflects calibration. The correction frequency will vary depending on your setup. These values are typical for most 2m transverters. I used the Transverter Store unit, which worked reasonably well, but has a somewhat noisier receiver than the Elecraft I am using now. Very serviceable for satellites and casual use. Good luck!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    6500 is spec'd to 30 kHz without a converter. What's below?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks George, how do you calculate the LO Error?
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I used a local beacon of a known frequency (GB3VHF) and WSJT10. This told me how far off frequency it was and then I entered this difference into the LO Error box. Of course now I have everything synced with a 10Mhz ref so my LO Error is zero :)
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for all the replies, now i wait for delivery.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited August 2016
    I have the 2m and 4m work very well
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Larry,

I created a video showing setup and use of that transverter with the Flex and SmartSDR. Might be more info than you need, but it's here if you need it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JQ0SIUlI8
    Doug K4DSP

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you i will watch it.
  • Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited December 2016
    The Flex does well below 100khz but there is still some stuff lower

There are various things lower down the three VLF Russian Radars and the a Submarine coms station from Western Australia all encrypted data but interesting anyway.

http://www.smeter.net/stations/vlf-stations.php

shows some.

Cliff VK2NP

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

I received this 144/28 transverter this Thursday and played around with it all day and I must say for my needs it works very well. It arrived within 7 days of purchase. I like it so much I ordered the 432/28.

• Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited February 2017
    Sounds good Larry,

Still waiting on my bare board have enough bits to put it in a case ,

Cliff VK2NP
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Very nice video Doug, thanks for going the extra yard....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.