Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.8.3 upgrade problems

Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
logged on tonight and found a new update mastro showed the update hit upgrade and it started downloading update started and maestro completed ok and then radio started upgrading too a long time ... like 15 mins eventually the maestro started to load the ssdr dash - only there was no pana freq displays.  after a few mins Maestro stopped and reported an error and needs to be restarted it restarted itself and after some clicking and calibrating the radio finally showed the ssdr dash 

second problem ...

no persistance any bands modes or configs
no persistance on maestro or pc
took a hard reset to factory defaults to restore this so 1.8 messed up the config.

third problem

wifi connection is now worse than ever ...

fourth problem
pana now seems less sensitive than before  ... needs more testing but seems that beacons visible (just above the noise) are no longer visible

so far 1.8 has been very annoying!

Comments

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Well at least your Maestro is working - there are a number us who currently have a bricked one ... engineering are working on it and we are hopeful of a swift fix!

David G4NRT
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I didn't see those emails to that issue till after!

It took so long updating I was worried!

Hope you get a fix soon :(
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Sorry for me 1.8.3     R.I.P

There was a Beta test ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    My update went flawlessly. It took about 15 minutes for the whole thing. I am in my RV with a slower than normal internet connection. I did PC first and updated radio then disconnected from Smart SDR leaving radio on. Them fired up Maestro and it went well
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mine also updated with no issues. Both Maestro and 6500 ok.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I went the same route with no issues. 
    I figure I'm going to have to update the computer anyway might as well update the 6300 from there. Maestro update went flawlessly. 
  • Bob K4RLC
    Bob K4RLC Member
    edited August 2016
    So, as of today, 7/2/16, I understand not to try and upgrade for the Maestro - just arrived and barely out of the box...but wait til new software is available?
    tnx Bob K4RLC
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bob 
    That is what we've been told.

Thanks, Steven, I forgot all about version mismatch issues in another thread. but I tried to fix that. 

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    You should be able to roll back the version of SSDR  to the previous version (1.7.xx) with your computer then use your Maestro. 
  • W3PH
    W3PH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I usually wait a week or two to apply firmware updates on any device and check the forums for problems, but this time I just accepted the Maestro's offer of 1.8.3 as soon as I saw it, and the upgrade went smoothly. I removed the old version from the PC and installed 1.8.3 there too.  Everything works.  Radio is a 6500.  In case it matters, the 6500 had just been powered on and I hadn't connected yet from either Maestro or PC.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.