Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency Display "trimmed"

Alan C
Alan C Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Flex 6300, Win 8.1, Ver 1.38

The top ten percent of my flag frequency display is cut off. Didn't notice this in ver 1.3. Perhaps some setting?

Comments

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Yes I also see an overlap.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Nice catch.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
         I see it on a win 8.1 machine but not on a win 7 machine.  Of course these machines
    also have different video cards.  Interesting.

Ned,  K1NJ

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Go to resolution screen see if you have it at 125%
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Dale you sent him to the right place... it looks it is set high; causing the overlap.

You are the winner of the day! 

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Dale, Yes I have it on 125% (medium). I put back to 100% (small). This cured the problem! However, I don't recalled changing that resolution when moving from ver 1.3 to tver 1.38. I'm thinking it was OK using 125% on ver 1.3. Thank you for your input.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have added this report to our bug tracker to see if there is something we can do to make the GUI DPI agnostic.
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi Tim,
    This looks like a less serious version of the problem i have reported.
    M
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I Windows 8.1 only, There are two controls for changing the size of objects  in the monitor. I have old eyes and 1920x1080 is a bit on the small side, I was also seeing the Frequency readout clipped then i found the other windows 8.1 control. It can enlarge without clipping at 100,125, and 150% It may not behave the same with all display card and monitors but it works for my stuff. To get to this control you ...  Right the desktop and choose "Screen Resolution" near the bottom of the menu.

then click the highlighted line below.

I used to see this ...

when you uncheck the highlighted checkbox it changes the window to this...

Position 1=@100%
    Position 2=@125%
    Position 3=@150%

I don't know why not "choosing one scaling level for all my displays" makes a difference. but it does the Frequency Flag doesn't clip. 

It definately gets chopped at 125% if I use the other control panel form, It's only a slight difference but it is different.

This way it acts like it increases the size of both the font and the box the font is in in proportion. Everything gets bigger, all the controls in SmartSDR grow, it makes it easier for me to single click the slider gutters to the left/right of the slider buttons to decrement/increment by 1. still cant see the gutter but its easier to hit it because it's bigger too.

Hope it works like this for others, and hope it helps.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is the windows DPI scaling interaction that is causing this. We don't have a fix for this just yet. but changing the DPI scaling may help as Jay points out below.
  • Stu McLoughlin
    Stu McLoughlin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Any update on this yet? I have the same issue?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.