Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MON function and Gain running SmartSDR REMOTE mode on LAN

Paul Christy
Paul Christy Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi.  Brand new Flex 6700 owner.  No QSO's yet.  Running Smart SDR in REMOTE mode over LAN.  Using Radiosport RS6OCF connected to PC.  PC settings for MIC maxed out but still not getting beyond -15 dB level on ALC.  Also MON function greyed out on P/CW menu.  Hoping for suggestions to make these things work.  Thanks! Paul WB9QAF

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The MON function is not available when using a PC connected mic.

On the mic gain have you adjusted both the windows recording device settings and the SSDR level?
  • Paul Christy
    Paul Christy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    And where the heck is the COMP button???  I can't find it anywhere.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think you are looking for the  Proc button the Processor.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Pages 79 and 80 of your SSDR manuel will help you find it's location.
  • Paul Christy
    Paul Christy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you all for your quick replies.  Got it.  Duh.  Top slider on PC/W panel is MIC Gain.  Missed it at first because it's not labeled.  And PROC = COMP (compression).  That was a little confusing too because I expected it to be a 1-10 type setting rather than only 3 choices for amount of compression.  And the page numbers didn't make sense at first.  Since it turns out I was reading the 2014 version of the manual.  Helped a lot when I switched to 2016.  Too bad you can't use MON when running headset from PC.  However record audio feature works just fine for audio equalization purposes.  Thanks for all your help.  Got my first QSO tonight.  No longer a Flex ****.  Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.