Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Better than I expected...

Options
Dave
Dave Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
After a week of use, I have to say I'm impressed with Maestro. It seems well thought out and easy to use. I was concerned the display would be too small after running SmartSDR on my 17" laptop. Turns out that's no issue at all! Screen is easy to look at, the menus are easily accessible, comprehensive and responsive to touch. The decision to go with the glossy screen instead of a matte screen is a tough one, there are pluses and minuses to both; The clarity of the glossy screen versus the reduced reflections of the matte screen. I'm ok managing the reflections and appreciate the clarity of the glossy screen... I'm also used to the glossy screen from my MacBook Pro, so not really an adjustment for me. The decision to use readily available battery packs for portable operation was an excellent one! I'm getting 5 hours of use from the Polanfo 120000 Mah pack and they're easy to swap out and only $20 from Amazon. Getting the Maestro connected to my wireless network was easy, no problems at all and it immediately found the 6300. I'll qualify that by admitting I'm a former IT/computer professional, so that part of the process is second nature for me. My only disappointment was finding out TNF's aren't available yet. Hopefully they'll get that implemented shortly, TNF's are a major feature of SmartSDR for me! All things considered, I have no problem at all recommending Maestro!

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Very nicely written review. Thank you for sharing.

Jim, K6QE

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Full TNF implementation is definitely on the short list.  Note that existing TNFs will function fine, just adding TNFs is missing in Maestro for now.  Thanks for the great review.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.