Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Show correct transmit passband in panadapter

John - AF3K
John - AF3K Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
I was having trouble understanding why I couldn't transmit JT9 last night with a 3k offset - everything looked OK - I could see the signal being generated by WSJT-X in the panadapter, but there was no RF out. My mistake was that I while I had set the receive passband to 5k, I hadn't also adjusted the transmit high cut filter, which was incorrectly set for 2.9k. I now have profiles set up to manage this, but... I'm wondering if it would make sense to have the passband indicator (or some other indicator in the panadapter) show the correct transmit passband when tuning or transmitting? Also seems like a cool way to show what Flex can do too...

Comments

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hi John. This has caught me out before, I always use the 'fake-it' split mode now as that will always ensure that you transmit around 1.5khz! 
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Phil - Thanks for your response! If I understand it correctly, if your dial is set to 14.076 mHz and you want to have a JT9 QSO say 3.6 kHz above that, the 'fake it' split mode within WSJT-X will automatically change your dial frequency via CAT while you transmit to 14.078 mHz, using a 1.6 kHz TX offset to put you at the same spot, and then change your dial back again to 14.076 with a 3.6kHz offset for RX via CAT when you stop transmitting. I think this is a great feature, and you are right that it gets the job done for simultaneous JT65/JT9 over a wide tx/rx range. I think my suggestion, about what the panadapter displays encompasses more than WSJT operation however. Here is the case... when in RX the Flex panadapter shows the RX signals, RX waterfall and RX passband graphically (very cool!). However when you go to TX mode the panadapter shows the TX waveform, and the TX waterfall (also cool!), yet it is overlaid with the RX passband. To me this is inconsistent.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    For some modes, it would be very useful to have an RX pass=Tx pass button
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Took too long to edit the above post.

To continue...

It is very confusing, especially when starting, that there are several places to seemingly adjust the same thing. With passbands, I feel that both Rx and TX passbands should be adjusted in the same/similar way and in the same place in the GUI. Why not a separate side panel for passbands where they can easily seen and adjusted?
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Guy, Agree with you on the goal of making it less confusing. I think that is more important than implementing it in a certain way.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.