Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New setup - Good audio but no RF or waterfall display

K3DCW
K3DCW Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a brand new 6500 that I just got setup today. Hooked it up, and installed and started SmartSDR v1.7.30 on Windows 10 with plenty of ram and a high-end video card (NVIDIA 970GTX w/4GB).  I can hear plenty of signals in the WPX contest, but can see none of them.  The RF and waterfall portions of the panadapter are blank.  Changing frequency, changing bandwidth, changing modes, changing bands, all produce the expected audio changes and everything else appears to be working, but there is no spectrum display of any kind on any band and at any level; even down to -175dBm on the display. 

So, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SmartSDR just in case. Also have made sure my video card driver is fully up-to-date. Still no change. 

I would REALLY appreciate any guidance on how to get SmartSDR to display what it is supposed to be displaying.  

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I cant find a way to turn waterfall off except by covering it up with the upper part of the screen, meaning I can get a blank area.

Seems like there some kind of setting but not sure where I seen it, I have cheap computers and it runs fine on all of them.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Are your waterfalls all white? If so, while in the 'Display' menu adjust the 'Black' level downward and it may help. I think Flex is already working on a fix for this.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ok found what I saw in setting..... you can set if waterfall shows in TX.
  • K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Paul, 

No, they're not all white (I saw the posts about that). They're just blank.  As I'm sitting here listening to the Amateur Radio Newsline broadcast on 1860kHz, it is nice and clear but this is what I'm seeing:

Just no sign of any signal, but they're there.  I can hear them loud and clear. 
  • K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Figured it out....my Anti-Virus software (Vipre) was blocking it.  Not only the Panadapter/Waterfall, but also the RF Power/SWR/Level/Compression meters; basically any "moving" part was blocked.  

Now, to configure that to let it work (or else Vipre is history!).  

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Make sure you allow TCP and UDP in through the firewall rule for whatever network your Flex is running on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.