Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pocket-Sized 3G/4G/LTE USB Cellular Modem Bridge (Mini Router)

Options
AA0KM
AA0KM Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in New Ideas

Interesting find. Proxicast PocketPORT 2: Pocket-Sized 3G/4G/LTE USB Cellular Modem Bridge (Mini Router)

3 Modes of Operation

1. Bridge Mode - plug a USB modem into any Ethernet port
  2. Router Mode - provide an Internet connection to an existing network
  3. Virtual Cable - create a secure Ethernet connection between any Internet connected devices

If you would have good Cell Tower service at home this would (maybe) take some latency out of the system.

Not sure if this would direct connect the Flex-6000 series but it looks like it has a possibility.

How about one on each end? The maestro and then the Flex-6000 series.

If anyone find's more of something of this idea Please do post!.

http://shop.proxicast.com/shopping/proxicast-pocketport-2-pocket-sized-3g-4g-lte-usb-cellular-modem-bridge-mini-router.html  

Maybe a dream but someone might know about this kind of things. 

73 Jeff

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Funny you should mention this....

I use MIFI Hotspots that I carry in my pocket that I use to connect my iPad and computers to my Flex 6000 series from All Over the World.  In fact I just tested a Maestro using a K6OZY configured Raspberry Pi 3 VPN to provide VPN Service to my Maestro to my home network in anticipation of Heading back to France on Wednesday

What is MIFI.. MIFI is a small cellular hotspot that you connect via its internal WIFI router to the various devices you carry and via 4G LTE to the cellular network

My current favorite brand is  Huawei E5377TS-32 Unlocked 150 Mbps 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hotspot WITH 3560mAh POWERFULL BATTERY (4G LTE in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa & 3G globally)        

In fact I wrote a paper about "How to Save Money Roaming"

https://db.tt/vUXgteRU                         

• Huawei E5377TS-32 Unlocked 150 Mbps 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hotspot WITH 3560mAh POWERFULL BATTERY 4G LTE in Europe Asia Middle East Africa  3G globally Black 

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks Howard. yep a lot of pieces to go into this puzzle. :)

Looks like you have it going great.

73 Jeff

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.