Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Forced 6700 DOWNLOAD?

DrJ
DrJ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
After I installed my new Maestro, I can no longer use my 6700.  It requires me to download the PC's vertsion 1.7.30 to the previous pre-Maestro version (1.6) to function.  Therefore, if I want to use my Maestro I have to wait for reinstall of 1.7.3 on the 6700, and if I just want to use my 6700 (no Maestro) it forces me to downgrade from the 1.7.3 to older version.  ****?  Help!

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Have you installed 1.7.3 on your PC? If you run the old 1.6 version, it will require you to downgrade the radio firmware in order to be compatible with 1.6. This is not required, you only have to download and install the latest version.

If you have installed the latest version, then you are probably accidently running the wrong version!
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Update your PC to 1.7.30 and connect via SSDR. Then shutdown SSDR boot your maestro and do the same update. Make sure you are using the right version when you start SSDR as it will add a new set of short cuts. Don't pick the wrong ones. Mike va3mw
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    A good reason to backup profiles, and Uninstall the old stuff before installing new. Which is what FRS reccomends.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Michael,
    I did upgrade my PC to 1.7.30 then shut down ssdr then ran Maestro, (which is still buggy for me, such as no signals coming through on 40 m but great on 80m or vice versa, then it goes black for a few seconds then starts up again...  very weird.  I have a feeling this has something to do with software versions?  But when I shut down Maestro and get ready to boot up my Pc and my 6700, it states my Pc is running the newest 1.7.30, but my the SSDR insists that "an update is required", but it forces me to downgrade to the 1.5.xx version that I was running pre Maestro receipt yesterday. 
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    There is no need to uninstall first. Mike va3mw
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Did you uninstall the old version of SmartSDR? If not you will have two SSDR icons on your desktop. Maybe you are choosing the older version? Dave wo2x
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    That was it! I didn't think it would continue to use the old version by default. I deleted the old version and now one problem fixed but an unstable frequency problem started. If I turn the "vfo knob" too fast the frequency displayed is unstable and shoes varying multiple of hertz. Eg 7.213.453 then 7.200.675 despite having the interval set to 1k.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As you found out, you can have many versions of SSDR installed.  No need to install previous versions, but you do need to make sure you start the right version.  :)

The VFO problems could be many, but are you Wifi connected or hard wired connected?  If Wifi, try to hardwire at least to do some testing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.