Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 1.7.30.78 Waterfall sometimes stays white when changing profile

DH2ID
DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
SmartSDR 1.7.30.78 Waterfall sometimes stays white when changing profile.

This only happens when changing profiles and normally gets back to normal after a few seconds, but I found that I had to restart SmartSDR twice because the waterfall stayed
white all the time. Rig is Flex 6k5, reset after update.

This is a new behaviour which I never have seen befor. As long as it works again it seems
to be ok.

All else works, update went smoothly.

73, Alex - DH2ID

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Alex - can you send me a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Same here. When I start 1.7.30.78 the waterfalls are white. The 'black level' display slider setting is not persistent, it shows a value of 33 when the software starts regardless of where it was set previously.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, I'm on a fieldday of our club until Monday, I'll send you a screenshot as soon
    as I'm home again. Condx are bad just now, but my Flex3k works flawlessly and
    I worked a lot of DX stations today using JT9 and JT65 :-)
    73 - Alex - DH2ID
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    When I start 1.7.30.78 the waterfalls are white. The 'black level' display slider setting is not persistent, it shows a value of 33 when the software starts regardless of where it was set previously.

Same here. If I  leave it set to AUTO it's all right though.

Mike W9OJ
  • Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I am having the same issue, but only on the second slice of my 6300.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, as Mike W9OJ wrote, black in the display list is set to 33 which causes the problem. The custom setting, mine is 16, is not persistent anymore.
    It was before 1.7.3.0.78, though.
    Resetting the radio does not help, but changing profiles lets the waterfall, after a brief white intervall, revert to the custom setting.
    Funnily, FTStack also lets the waterfall black setting revert to the custom
    setting, only by starting FRStack! Changing profiles works, of course.
    This seems therefore to be is a display setting problem.
    Screen shot is below.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    What, no takers ;-) ?
    There seem to be only a few guys with this "problem". Maybe it's GPU-related?
    Well - my workaround remains starting FRStack, which I need to control my
    profiles, anyway.
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My 6500 is doing the same thing now with 1.7.30.  No persistence with the setting.  Glad to see I'm not alone.  had me scratching my head...  :-)

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, Mike, I'm also scratching my head a lot, not many hair left hi hi...
    But starting FRStack is really a good workaround!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a software defect where the panadapter display persistence settings are not being handled correctly.  This will be fixed in the next version of SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.