Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Function Buttons

Paul Christensen, W9AC
Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

Curious as to whether the Maestro functions buttons can be programmed as macros?  For example, it would be useful for DX split operation to depress F1 and the following sequence occurs:

1) Slice B becomes active;

2) Slice B goes into Tx mode;

3) Slice B is up 2-5 kHz from Slice A;

4) Slice A audio routed to left ear, Slice B audio routed to right ear;

5) AF control B temporarily becomes a "balance" control; and

6) Depressing F1 again (or long press) clears the above and restores pre-split settings.

That's just one example of macro programming, I'm sure there are many others.

Paul, W9AC 

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Wow! THAT would be slick!  I will have to program that into one of my MIDI Controller buttons when I get back to programming again.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Paul,
    How about your number "3) Slice B is up 2-5 kHz from Slice A;" be capable of going as high as you see deem. 
    If you remember last year, several DX expeditions were as high or higher than 1K.
    I like to suggest that it can be set according to the operator needs. 

Ps. I stand corrected... I just noticed the dash between the 2 and 5... 
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    yes please!
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Tim & Co - any info on those function buttons - what can be programmed to them??
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I asked about this 6 days ago and didn't get a response.  We need some documentation on the function keys.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    No.  The function buttons are do not have macro capability.  They are for the most part dual state controls (on / off).

The Currently defined functions are:

Toggle WNB
    Toggle NB
    Toggle NR
    Toggle ANF
    Toggle APF
    Toggle TNF
    Toggle FDX
    Set Mode (to a specific user-selected mode)
    Send CW (user defined message per function key)
    Enable/Disable Split

Documentation will be forthcoming when it is ready for public consumption.  
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps in the future we can get macros  ;-)
  • N1SH
    N1SH Member ✭✭

This would be incredibly useful if the buttons could get or post to a URL. Then using something like NodeRed, you could capture the button press and execute any series of commands you like. This would “export” the macro writing to an external system, in the case I describe that would be NodeRed, but it could be anything anywhere if you allow entering the “macro URL”.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it’s another piece of hardware, but the Elgato Streamdeck provides this today. There is an interface with FRSTACK to the radio and many functioning macros available as well as node red flows. Furthermore the buttons can be iconized which the Maestro will never accommodate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.