Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Someone Willing To Share Sample Code?

2»

Answers

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    James, I would love a copy of this as I am looking where to start with Flex development! If you are OK to send it to me, my address is phil@m6esv.uk
    73 Phil
  • James Whiteway
    edited August 2015
    Roger, glad it worked. Thanks for sharing James
  • James Whiteway
    edited August 2015
    Hi Phil, I am out on the road right now(I drive a truck) but when I get home Friday evening, I will send you a copy of the test program. It's not up to date as far as where I am in my main app. But, it should give you some of the basics. It started with a sample posted by K1PGV , Peter, and has some things I have added. Post questions in the API Forum. (or email me if you need to) Someone will help you as you run into snags.
    James
    WD5GWY
  • Paul Masters
    Paul Masters Member
    edited November 2015

Hi Roger,

I just got my 6300 last week and have been able to get a c# example to connect to the radio. But have had no luck with a VB version. Do you have any code I could look at?

Paul KB3ZYB

• James Whiteway
    edited November 2015
    Do a search in the API Forum for Visual Basic. You should find a post there from another member with a link to a download for a test app similar that should help you with the syntax etc to use with VB to subscribe to events etc. Be sure to Import the latest version of the different Flexlib dll's. If you don't, your app will not see the radio on the network. I tried for a while to keep both a C# and a VB version of all my test programs for working with the Flexlib. But, I found that too cumbersome and it made relearning C# even harder. So, I abandoned that idea and have stuck with C#. I find that I really like C# the more I use it. I do plan to learn Java at some point for Android development. But, that won't happen till I have got a smooth working waterfall in my current project. James WD5GWY
  • Roger Sjölin
    Roger Sjölin Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi Paul,
    If You email me i can send You a code example.
    rogersjolin@gmail.com

/Roger SA0AND
  • James Whiteway
    edited November 2015
    Roger, I forgot that you were using VB! James WD5GWY
  • Walter Jonat
    Walter Jonat Member
    edited April 2016
    Dear James,
    it would be nice if you can send me the .zip file too.
    73, Walter (DK1ZA)

walter.jonat@uksh.de
  • James Whiteway
    edited April 2016
  • James Whiteway
    edited April 2016
    I forgot to mention, you will need to Un-reference all the references to the Flexlib api's because this sample uses an older version of Flexlib.api. After removing the references to the old api's just add reference to the latest version of the api. There are several examples including a video by Mark, WS7M, that explain what to do. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.