Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Praise upon praise ( aka praise to the second power)

Options
km9r.mike
km9r.mike Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I posted on another forum and it reminded me how fortunate we are to have such a dedicated team at FRS and how their service is more than likely second to none in this hobby. The post was wrt a late comer to the sdr party which reminded me of all the positives that  come along with owning a Flex. The FRS team works diligently to be on top of the game and as a user it is easy to get spoiled. W/o doubt, Flex is at the tip of the spear wrt SDR and they are 100% made in America. They did not outsource overseas for higher profits and yet they lead the pack.

I used to love my Winkey usb hardware. It was rock solid and never failed. W/ the incorporation of Winkey usb into SSDR, I will now be selling my Winkey usb hardware. I have never utilized a voice keyer in any logging software. My win10 has a voice recorder, but the **** thing only records in .m4a format. N1MM+ requires .wav. Uber cool that I could record a file onto my computer with DAX mic stream and windows voice recorder. I just had to locate a .m4a to .wav converter on the interwebby   http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav  Now N1MM+ is happy as the hog in slop and for the first time ever I am able to enjoy it's voice keyer capabilities. I also recently upgraded to win10 and did a subsequent update w/o any harm to dax. Rock solid and that did not come w/o tons of effort by FRS.

Bottom line, thank you for the tireless dedication and a product that leads the industry/hobby. I hope nothing but continual domination w/in the market and many additional future government contracts that help to keep Flex @ #1 and the bad guys on the run. Also please guard your secrets well, because I believe many in the modern global marketplace do not believe in paying for R&D.

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    +1
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    +1 also but keep in mind that without those so called "bad guys" Flex would not likely be as good as it is today. The competition in a capitalist based economy makes better mouse traps. The other guys aren't "bad" per sé, Flex is just better. :)
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well that was in reference to the government contracts and their use of FRS products. I am assuming that they use them to counter ne'er-do-wells.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @ Mike. Hopefully the FRS products used in societies service do serve us well. Certain tasks they mention doing back in the day took several semi-trailer sized units with several staff each to accomplish what our 6700s can now do. Awesome! @Danny. Competition improves the breed, but remember that thievery in the form of counterfeiting and technology piracy damage, and in the end stifle innovation by stealing the results of investment. @FRS. Your team deserves the praise. Well done and keep it coming! 73 Steve K9ZW
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Steve,

Re your piracy comments.

One finds that rubbish programs or films cannot be found on Pirate Bay etc. To paraphrase, piracy is the ultimate form of flattery. Also, piracy of a program tends to take off once it becomes more expensive than the perceived fair price.

Also, it has been proven time and time again that those who download music and films tend to *buy* more than those that do not.

It is just not as simple as as "piracy is bad".
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Where did piracy come in?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.