Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax unsigned, win 7 update not working, KB3004394 dubious, dead in the water

butch alline
butch alline Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have not read all 4,172 responses to "DAX unsigned..."
I have filed a support ticket. No joy yet.
I have installed KB3004394 and waited 36 hours (48 actually).
I have doubts if KB3004394 actually works per http://borncity.com/win/2014/12/10/update-kb3004394-breaks-root-certificate-in-windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2/
I have tried to update my root certificate using Windows update, but as of 3 days ago, Win update just runs forever without showing any progress.
I have uninstalled, re-installed SSDR and rebooted until I got blisters on my fingers.
I could not load screen shot here ;-(

If there is anyone out there who has overcome the "DAX unsigned" problem and is actually running DAX please help me. Maybe send me a list of all Win 7 updates you have installed?

Trying to run Win 7 HP, Flex 6300, SSDR 1.6.21.159

Thanks 

Comments

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Butch,

I too had the same problem as you on a much out of update computer.  It took 48 hours of running Windows updates and over 350 different patches to get the computer up to date.  I just left it running to see if it would ever finish - much to my surprise it did.

Alas, the only other solution I could suggest would be to upgrade the computer to Windows 10.

The problem is not that the drivers are unsigned but that the out of date version of Windows 7 does not include Microsoft's new root certificate that was used to sign the certificate they issued to FlexRadio.

I wish I had better news for you.
    Stu K6TU

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Try this https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-1-6-17-installation-problems I went through the same nightmare with Windows updates. There is a solution.
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member
    edited December 2016
    I had your exact problem with win7 and SmartSDR V1.6.21 I submitted a ticket, did everything they said to do, and made sure that I had all of the updates for win7, waited a day, then ran that kbxxx file that support pointed me to, and low and behold, the certificates did update, and I was all set. You have to just let windows update contintue to churn, overnight if need be, and be patient. that worked for me. Keith W7ZAC
  • butch alline
    butch alline Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks to all responders.  The point that I missed was that the computer needs to run uninterrupted for hours.  My 225 updates took a mere 8.7 hours plus restart, wait, restart, etc.
    I can hardly wait to be pushed and shoved into win 10!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.