Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR Bridge 1.5 will not connect to radio

Options
Bob  KN4HH
Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Third-Party Software
I have been using SDR Bridge v1.3 with no problem.  I uninstalled v1.3 and installed v1.5.  When I execute 1.5, CW Skimmer comes up and eventually SDR Bridge comes up and says "not connected to radio".  The Slice and Stream boxes are gray.  I checked the setup and it agrees with my 1.3 settings with the exception of the new features.  I insured that DAX IQ channels are active and assigned to SDR Bridge.  I am not listing this as a problem since I usually suffer from a short between the headset, hi hi. 

Answers

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No changes were made to the SDR-Bridge code that connects to the radio, and v1.5 is built with the latest version v1.6.21 of FlexLib. I'm not sure where the problem might be.

Check to make sure SSDR, CAT, and DAX are all connected to the radio. Then start SDR-Bridge. If there is still a problem, try restarting the radio.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ed, I knew it had to be something simple.  My network was blocking SDR Bridge from communicating with the Flex.  Interestingly, it did not block 1.3.  All is working well now.  Many thanks for your reply and for providing such a wonderful piece of software.

73, Bob, KN4HH
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Bob,
    Just curious about network issue that was blocking SDR-Bridge.  I might add some notes about it to the next version of the quickstart guide.

Did you get an error message?  
    What version of windows are you running?  
    What did you do to fix the issue.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ed, I am running Windows 10.  I received a message basically saying "a program (SDR Bridge) is trying to access the network".  It provided options such as "Do not allow access to the network (Recommended), or "allow access". 
    Unfortunately, I do not remember any further context.  Since no one else has reported this condition, hopefully this is an isolated case.

Bob, KN4HH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.