Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack 1.6.9 for SmartSDR 1.6 and adds a Global Profile Launch Program feature

Mark_W3II
Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
FRStack 1.6.9 Updates and Additions:

Global Profile Launch Program feature
This feature allows you to configure one or more programs to launch when the radio's Global Profile has been changed. You start by creating a SmartSDR global profile (eg. for digital) then configure FRStack to launch FLDIGI for that profile. Then when this profile is selected from SmartSDR or FRStack, FLDIGI will launch. When you select another profile or close FRStack, FLDIGI will be (optionally) closed.

Mute All Slices Menu item and Hotkey feature

Link to the download page for FRStack
http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/flex

Note: Make sure you are running SmartSDR 1.6 before upgrading to FRStack 1.6.

The original FRStack postings:

FRStack 1.6.4 for SmartSDR 1.6.17 - adds a Meter Window, Scanning improvements and more
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/frstack-1-6-4-for-smartsdr-1-6-17-adds-a-meter-wind...

FRStack 1.4.7 adds Scanning, Band Edge Beep, Band Use Label, SSB Meter Level Mute, Remote Hand or Foot Switch 
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/frstack-1-4-7-adds-scanning-band-edge-beep-band-use...

Global Hotkeys for common SmartSDR operations in FRStack
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/global-hotkeys-for-common-smartsdr-operations-in-fr...

Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/memories-and-most-recently-used-frequency-utility

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    what a smart addition. Thanks for the update!
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thank you for the positive feedback. I receive feedback and ideas from many Flex operators which I greatly appreciate. This particular feature resulted from a collaboration between myself, Sergey R5AU and a few friends.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Great Work Mark! 
    Thanks Much!

73, Jay - NO5J
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the update and the new features!
    The only additional program I use all the time.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Would it be possible to add the Version number to the FRStack setup file? I like to keep copies of previous versions and it will be convenient if the file I download has the version in the name so it will not save over the previous version. I do this manually, but I thought it would be nice to have.
    Thanks.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark, thanks for a fantastic app.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Simply fabulous !    

Thank You - Thank You
  • Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tried to download but get a virus warning from AVAST.  I was able to download the 1.5 version without any alerts.  Tried to update from the there is a new version prompt but it never starts.

• Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    The infection that Avast is complaingin about is the Drep virus.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    This is most likely a false positive or an issue on your machine. 
    Run Security Essentials or Try downloading and running Microsofts Security Scanner
    https://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx.

I rebuilt the setup with an updated version of the INNO Setup compiler to hopefully get rid of any false positive you are seeing most likely on unins000.exe. I did NOT find any virus or issues with the prior setup.

If you ever have any trouble uninstalling FRStack you can just delete the FRStack folder in the C:WindowsProgram Files (x86) directory.

I received notice from Microsoft Malware Protection Center that they have adjusted their definition library to no longer falsely identify INNO setup uninstaller as infected.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you very very much Mark.  I have been using FRStack for quite a while now and love all of the additional functionality it provides.
  • Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thank you Mark, that worked wonderfully.  I appreciate your quick effort. And am happy to report that this program is working properly.  Thanks again for the effort you put into this.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Mark, I used FRStack daily, what a great resource for my shack.

Dan -- KC4GO
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Will this work on the 6600M?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    works with all 6000 series.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Mark
    Thanks for developing this program. I like to also SWL and this has really helped the F-6.5k for this and the ham bands. The s/w always installs w/o a flaw or problem. That is most impressive!
    Best,
    Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.