Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound

Steve Scoggins
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have confirmed this headset works very well with SmartSDR Version 1.4.3 and a remote laptop running Windows 8.1 in REMOTE mode.  Used VOX for PTT and could walk anywhere in the house.  The wireless link is 2.4 Ghz dedicated via a dongle plugged into the laptop.  I received good audio reports on the TX audio.

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I've been using them for years and all through the Alpha of 1.4.  I also bound buttons to the left side to trigger F1/F2/F3 and works great.  I have two spares in the closet in case they get discontinued!
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I also have been using the G930.  It works great.  I have also purchased a Logitech G35 headset which is a wired/USB version of the G930.  The G35 also has the same 3 programable buttons on the left side.  

I receive excellent audio reports.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Well looks an sounds good even a replaceable battery. Might have to check these out.

• Steve Scoggins
    edited April 2015
    Yes battery is rechargeable and replacements are available.  The battery looks similar to the cordless telephone batteries.
  • Bill
    Bill Member
    edited April 2015
    Apple Earbuds with inline mic is an interesting alternative. Selling for about $30, my daughter gave me a spare free set. The earbuds are Bose quality, and the mic is getting me very good unsolicited audio reports. The 4 ring audio jack on my new Lenovo laptop is a perfect match connection. The earbuds are very comfortable and runners tell me they stay in the ear even while jogging. They are passive so no amplifier latency problems arise. Been just what I needed for my laptop/6300 remote operation! Bill, KI4B
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I know this is a bit of an old post but, whats the steps to setup the G930
  • Charley Nocera
    edited February 2016
    can you send me or tell me how to get the headset to work with flex 5000.  Not sure what to do.  I want to be in the next room an I want to talk an listen 
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    The 3000 and 5000 radios were not designed to play "through" your PC. It has its own jack on the back for external sound, and separate jacks for the mic input. There are ways of doing what you wish using a 3rd party Virtual Audio Cables (VAC) software in repeater mode. Their are also hardware and other software solutions. The 6000 series is a different animal that simplifies this process as it was designed for this ability from the beginning.
  • Charley Nocera
    edited February 2016
    Well i wish i have the abilty to hook it up.  I do have Virtual Audio Cables (VAC) that i use for fldigi i think i have a couple of pairs. thanks for info Charley n2isp

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.