Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Access to all DAX channels on 6300

Bob-N9MBR
Bob-N9MBR Member
edited October 2018 in New Ideas
I think we should be able to have the ability to use all 8 DAX and DAXIQ channels with the 6300. Since the computer is populated with all 16 when you install SSDR. That way we could use different DAX channels for different programs. What is the reason for populating the computer with all these DAX channels if you cant use them?

Comments

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I can't answer for Flex, but if you think about it, when you install SmartSDR to your PC, it doesn't know which radio you are going to connect to. It only "find out" when you the run the program to attach to the radio. Some people have multiple radios, like a 6700 (that can talk to 8 slices) and a backup 6500 (that can only talk to 4)

As the 6300 only has two slices, then you can only "talk" to two DAX devices. However with the single install, you can talk to multiple radios and the DAX channels are available in the PC, for what ever you have.

Brent  W8XG

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The 6300 only has 2 slices. What would you connect the other 6 sets to?

Better to remove sets 3 through 8 to reduce the obvious confusion.
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    This is a very good point Bob as I've wondered that. Would it make sense to configure different Dax channels for each different 3rd party application we use, like FlDigi and WSJT, etc. ? This new version as tied me in knots primarily because of the new method of handling CAT/Com. I've had a real struggle getting things to work, especially the flex control which still doesn't work.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Interesting point. Seems like one can only assign one DAX channel to each slice. However, you can delegate more than one piece of software ware to the same DAX channel. I am using a single DAX channel to stream audio to my iPhone using the Broadwave streamer, and the same channel to my Romac equalizier. I can't see where it would be to my advantage to delegate more than one DAX channel to a slice. However, it wouild be nice to be able to have more control over the remoted audio stream. It seems it can be attached only to the default speaker designee. It would be nice if it could be singularly identified like a DAX channel so it could be associated directly with multiple third party software.

Jim, K6QE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.