Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two instances of WSJT-X V1.6.0

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
I watched the SmartSDR 1.6 demo for CAT & DAX and was impressed with 2 instances of WSJT-X. I tried looking at the setup on the video but can't make it work. I looked on this forum and it was mentioned to config WSJT-X for two instances. Cannot find this in version 1.6. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bob,

The key is to specify a 'rig name' on the WSJT-X Start up.. I do that by adding it to the target line of the desk top short cut.

Create a short cut for each slice that you wish to use..  You will of course have to configure each  instance of WSJT-X to use unique DAX RX and CAT ports

AL, K0VM
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Al, I followed your instructions and here is my results. By the way I configured the CAT and DAX for two different slices. Thanks for the reply.imageimageimageimage
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bob,
      I think you have a space where there should be a - and should start with a double -

i.e.  --rig-name=   

I have not found it necessary to have WSJT-X installed in two seperate directories.
    I am using WSJT-X 1.6.0r6263

AL, K0VM
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I setup 3 of these this morning, using the --rig-name in the shortcut properties works fine and did not 
    have to create a duplicate folder in program files for the .exe

So just adding the rig-name does the job

Fun to monitor JT65 on 3 bands simultaneously, the auto Tx also works fine to transmit
    on the correct slice/band just by transmitting on each WSJT instance

• mdavid01
    mdavid01 Member
    edited January 2016
    I REALLY like the ability to monitor multiple bands, auto switching tx works great. Once both rig names are set correctly multiple versions of JTAlertX also works well.

These 1.6 updates to DAX/CAT are very much appreciated.  Thanks Flex!
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I want to thank everyone who helped me with this problem. The fly in the ointment was the missing "-" before the word name in the shortcut. This has got to be the best forum on the internet. Again thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.