Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My wish list for 2016

Options
DH2ID
DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in New Ideas
The Flex Radios, first the Flex-3000 with PowerSDR and now the Flex-6500 with SmartSDR,
have been a lot of fun to work with and they have proven to work reliably under many
conditions, at home, on fielddays and on expeditions. I have worked more stations with my
restricted antennas than ever before and can dig signals out of the noise I can't even see
or hear.

Having said that in front there are some improvements which could be easy to program into SmartSDR and which are on my wish list:

1. Squelch for SSB , even better: for all modes
2. Values shown on all sliders
3. Scaleable radio panel and/or detachable from the main screen
4. Option to place one or two slice receivers in the middle of the screen and having
    the waterfall scroll horizontally under them when changing frequency*
5. Recording audio and/or I/Q streams*
6. Placing the cursor over a slice frequency and changing Mhz/kHz/Hz respectively with the
    mouse wheel*
7. Show temperature and voltage in SmartSDR and PowerSDR (the sensors are there!)
8. Option to show exact frequency values on the cursor tip, whem moving in the SmartSDR
    screen**
9. Option to have frequency and/or time markers in the waterfall**
10.Screen shot option in SmartSDR (A video recording option would be even better;-))

*   As in Power SDR
** see this program: http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

73 and happy new year 2016!

Alex DH2ID

Comments

• F1EDG
    F1EDG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Congratulations Alex, your wishes are mine ...
    I await their realization with great anticipation!
    I hope that the force be equipped with FlexRadio !!!
    Happy 2016
    Jean Pierre
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I believe part of #9 is already there. Time for the Waterfall is displayed on the right side of the waterfall. #10. Alt +Print screen. And there are 3rd party apps that let you record the program, including audio, while running. #4. I believe (my radio is boxed up ) that the waterfall already scrolls horizontally when scrolling the panadapter to change freq. Good list! James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.