Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Toggling the Live Waterfall eventually stops SmartSDR v1.5.1

Options
Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows

System - Win7/64 i7 PC (one of Neal N3KC's DXer's Dream Machines) w/SmartSDR v1.5.1 with the 6700, with the usual companion programs (CAT/DX/DDUtil...) plus N1MM+ and an instance of IE running.

After a variable number of Waterfall Stops (clicking the side bar) and returning to running Waterfall with the "Live" button, SmartSDR terminates in two steps.  The GUI terminates with the Audio running, then the Audio disconnects with a "Connection Lost" window appearing.

Duplicates regularly, but not at the same number of start/stops (ranges from a single start/stop cycle to perhaps seven-eight cycles.)

Falls into the annoying but not the end of the world, sort of issue - as perhaps few of us play with stopping the waterfall very much.

Steve

K9ZW

Comments

• Glenn Johnson
    Glenn Johnson Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have exactly the same computer and same things running except not IE.   I cannot get it to crash no matter how many times I start/stop the the waterfall.    

I guess we can blame Microsoft again with IE the only variable missing in my reproduction.   Who knows what other little gremlins crept in from somewhere........

Glenn W0GJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.