Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Youtube video for fldigi and flex

Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Hey all

As promised, I have created and uploaded a video on getting fldigi and FlexRadio signature series radios to play nice with each other.

You can find this on my Youtube channel at:

https://youtu.be/IVOhj244e30

The Youtube channel is called Divide by Zero Productions, and I will perhaps have more videos as time goes on.

Perhaps even the dreaded Windows 10 soundcard driver issue……….

- 73 Mike N3LI- 

Comments

• Jim W3IPO
    Jim W3IPO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Mike,
    Excellent video and audio.  Great information.  The production is top notch. 
    "Divide by Zero" is the best title!!
    Thank you.
    jim
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for the video. Have you been able to get FLDIGI to transmit CW?
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Great demonstration!

Thank you very much.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I've used a CW QSK signal on right channel  on the Right Channel tab of the configuration menu.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Hi Mark - another update on CW fldigi and Flex.

I find that I must increase the audio level in DAX to get a decent decode in fldigi. Much higher than I need for any other modes. The green signal strangth bar at the right hand side of the fldigi window hardly registers on CW otherwise. Definitely an fldigi issue. I'm going to consult with Dave W1HKJ to see if this is a known issue. It isn't a huge problem, but a bit of a nuisance.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    How does the QSK signal work? Do you have to use external hardware? Is the Flex in CW mode or is FLDIGI generating tones?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nice job illustrating the process of seting up.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    This is a tone generation method for CW. No external equipment needed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.