Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio-6700 SDR microHAM Integration and Remote Operating Gateway

Options
Fred, AB1OC
Fred, AB1OC Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in New Ideas
We have been working on a project to integrate a FlexRadio-6700 SDR with our microHAM system. The combination is working well now and we are writing a series of articles about the project on our blog. In addition to the basic integration, we are using the SDR/microHAM combination as a remote operating gateway for our station. We thought that this project might be of interest to some of the readers on this forum so we are posting a link to our articles here:

https://stationproject.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/software-defined-radioremote-operating-gateway-part-1-system-design-and-hardware-installation/

- Fred (AB1OC)

http://stationproject.wordpress.com

Comments

• K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    THANK YOU!  I need this information, and appreciate your posting it!
    Jim
    K0UNX

• Fred, AB1OC
    Fred, AB1OC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Glad you found it helpful Jim. Note that we are planning a series of articles on this topic to be posted over the next few weeks. If you have any suggestions for topics for us to cover in our series on using the Flex-6700 SDR with our microHAM gear and for remote operating, please let us know my posting a comment here and on our blog.

- Fred (AB1OC)
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Fred, looks like an amazing project.  A lot to take in so I've book marked your page and will check back and try to get through it.  

Nicely done!

This is actually right along my interest line.  I'm trying to work on automation to try and get everything interconnected and working together.  For me this is more than 1/2 the fun of this hobby.
  • Fred, AB1OC
    Fred, AB1OC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Mark,

Glad that you found the information useful. There is much more to come as we find time to post additional articles on our project. I have a second Client PC (a laptop) setup for operating outside our house via a VPN connection. We also have quite a bit of video coming showing the use of our station being operated remotely. I also plan articles cover the setup of CW Skimmer and Digital Modes including JT65 for remote operation with our platform.

Please let me know if there are specific topics that relate to our project that you'd like to see us cover and we'll try to include them. The best way to do this is to post comments here and on our Blog.

- Fred (AB1OC)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.