Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MSG: Cannot change antenna while transmitting?

Steve G1XOW
Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
Hi Flexers,

F6300 with v1.51 SSDR, DDutil

Yesterday I saw a very odd message that has never appeared before.

I think it was from either SSDR or CAT. The message read "Cannot change antenna while transmitting". Clearly not something you should ever do, but I wasn't trying to change antenna!

I was working negative split on 40m ssb, the DX was on 7.136 and I was transmitting on about 7.128.  Everything appeared to work normally and the QSO went through.

I then carried on working on 40m, but now simplex (same power same antenna), and only 50kHz from the previous QSO but with now no message showing.

Just to double-check I then reconfigured for the same split QSO again, and you guessed it...the message came straight back.

So, a bug/problem to do with negative splits maybe?  I should say I'm an obsessive DX chaser and have therefore worked hundreds of split QSO with this setup, but never once seen this message.

Any ideas please?

73 de Steve G1XOW

Answers

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    See pic.

image...just to add a bit more info. This is only a problem when TX is the B VFO. If I switch to RX on B and TX on A it is fine...go figure!  

ps. ANT1 is selected for both VFOs for both the TX and RX antenna selection.

73 de Steve G1XOW

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Steve

What version of DDutil are you using I had to go back to 3.2.100 my SPE 1KA wouldn't work with latest release.

Ian

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a transmit interlock message where the radio received a request to change antennas while transmitting.  Disconnect DDUtil and see if the issue remains as it could be the device requesting  to change antennas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.