Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Radio Setup ATU Options

Options
I have installed an ATU in my Flex 6300. I have followed the instructions downloaded yesterday.
It stated that after installation the Radio setup screen Tab Radio should  show option ATU.
But its not so. I have to connect first then it show up. And the ATU works fine.

Do I have to do a factory reset to get the Radio Setup screen to show that the ATU is installed?
or is the instruction wrong?

Answers

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Until you have connected, SmartSDR will not know that you have the ATU installed. If you then go back into the radio setup screen, does it show that the ATU is installed?
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

SmartSDR users need to realize that SmartSDR is a client program, with the radio being a server.  The intelligence and settings of the radio are within the radio server box itself.  Therefore, as Phil stated above, until the client SmartSDR program connects and communicates with the radio (server), it doesn't know much and in fact can't function until that connection is made.  Realizing this will save many a user headaches trying to figure out why something is amiss.

Greg - N8GD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.