Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 and QC-15/Headset buddy combo use

Options
Mike
Mike Member ✭✭
It's been a while since I've had to use an 8 pin mic connector.  What is the correct adapter/settings I need to use an electret mic with a 6300?  I have ordered the Maestro so I know this will be easier when that arrives but till then??  Thanks

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm coming from a K-3 and use a QC-15/Headset Buddy.  With the K-3 it was a matter of moving a jumper in the Microham interface and switching a menu item in the K-3. (you guys know anyone that wants to buy a K-3??  LOL)
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mike,

The mike connector is wired like a Yaesu 8-pin connector:

Mic(+) = Pin 8
    Mic(-) = Pin 7
    PTT(+) = Pin 6
    PTT(-) = Pin 5

Open the Settings.Radio Setup window & select the "Phone" tab.  Click on "Bias" to turn on bias voltage for the microphone.

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So my left over adapter for the MP should work and just click bias on.....simple enough. Thanks Ray.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have a adapter that I made for a Heil Icom Headset. that I ended up adding a jack for a footswitch and momentary up and down switches as well. Works great.

If you are interested, let me know and we can trade email addresses and I can email you the schematic.

side note - does FlexRadio have a files section? Might be nice if their social software allows attachments fo files. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The Community software does provide facilities for file sharing.  Part of the reasoning is to minimize the possibility of mass virus infections by proving a place where lots of people can down easily load a common file.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Okey Dokey, I'll check it out. Thanks, Tim.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Tim - I'm sure I'm going to feel pretty dumb, but I can't find the place to upload the jpeg of the schematic of the electret to FlexRadio adapter.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Have a eye at lower right corner: Upload Image ( and a symbol)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Drag and drop the image into the post edit window.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.