Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem Re-Loading FreeDV.

Options
I was using an old version of FreeDV before upgradeing SmartSDR to V1.5.1.
I deleted the old versions of FreeDV to upgrade the software. Now I am unable to install FreeDV version 1.1.
Would someone be so kind as to point me in the correct direction?

Thanks in advance.
John VE1CDD

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    John, the FreeDV waveform is at version 1.0.3:
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_freedv_waveform_installer-exe/

Download, install, in SSDR click on File-Waveforms-Install.

On my notebook the installed waveforms reside in ****/AppData/Roaming/
    FlexRadio Systems/Waveforms.

What does your Waveform Installer show and which version?
    When installing 1.5.1 I did not deinstall the waveforms.

Contrary to the sometimes published opinion, cleaning up your
    PC after each install session helps. I do it with TuneUp, but the free
    CCCleaner is also ok.

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • John G
    John G Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Alex

Thanks very much for the information. I downloaded the program and did an install without any problems.  I'm hoping to make some contacts tomorrow when the bands open.

I had downloaded the files fron FreeDV home page but had no success installing them. Certainly helps to have the correct software. Thanks so much for the help, Alex

John VE1CDD

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My pleasure, John! Up the ham spirits ;-)
    73, Alex DH2ID

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.