Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro use with pc

Options
Lewis Cheek
Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Maestro
Can someone at FLEX expand on this please. 
Can I use Maestro to drive SmartSDR on a PC?
Yes. This option will be available in a future software release. It will allow full size spectral displays (panadapters) to be rendered on the PC screen while Maestro provides extended touch controls in place of panadapters on its display. The SmartSDR control mode will be mutually exclusive with panadapter and slice display on Maestro.

Lew
N4CO

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Back in August I posed a question to Flex about whether the Maestro and SmartSDR will be able to  control the Flex 6xxx at the same time.  Tim's response was:

Depends on the applications running on the PC.  If the SmartSDR app is a "GUI" app, like SmartSDR for Windows, then the answer is not initially; it will be a feature added after the initial release of the Maestro software.  If the apps are non-GUI apps, like SmartSDR CAT and DAX, the answer is yes, they will be able to run at the same time as Maestro.

Butch
    KF4HR

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    While it's nice to have a box I can move around qth with and use my Flex that's NOT what I need. I need something that will make contesting easier so I don't need to keep moving the mouse around. Many of the functions need to be touch features on Maestro, such as filter width, cw speed, splits etc. I read this as NOT being able to display panadapters on the Maestro and PC at same time. I don't want to give up my panadapter displays on PC when using Maestro. I guess Maestro is evolving much like Flex 6000 platform. For my use ( contesting/DXing ) I can live without the panadapters on Maestro. Guess we'll know soon. :)

Lew
    N4CO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.