Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Display problem!

Options
SV1JSO
SV1JSO Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Could you please explain to us why you downgrade the display resolution of panadapter with 1.3?
From a solid pixel now is a pixel plus a shadow or a pixel and a half. It looks ugly!

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am not aware of any changes that would explain this. Could you post a screenshot showing the problem?
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Could this be what you're talking about? The cw peaks are jagged. I'm not sure if this changed in 1.3 but for some reason I did notice it.
  • SV1JSO
    SV1JSO Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Version 1.2

Version 1.3

Regards
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ok...That's magnified but similar to what I see here. Very low res.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited February 2017
    Options
    These screenshots are very helpful.  Thanks.
  • NZ8J
    NZ8J Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I noticed the same thing here, seems much more jagged with 1.3 on my 6300 Tim NZ8J
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Look for the astigmatism control and give it a turn.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We have entered this as a defect in our bug tracker to investigate further.  Thanks for the detailed pictures; that help a lot.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited January 2020
    Options
    An update here: We found and fixed this problem internally today.  We'll have the fix in the next release.  Thanks for the reports and good info.
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What causes the test pattern in the back ground? I see this on my 32" HD
    Sharp tv that I use for SSDR. Who do u get rid of it?
    Thanks Terry
    K7NY
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am asking about the circles in the background of the SSDR program. Is anyone else seeing this, it looks like a test pattern of some kind.
    Thanks,  Terry
    K7NY

• Eric-KE5DTO
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have a feeling that the answer is "that's how it is designed", but I'm not entirely clear on which thing you are pointing out.  There is a grid layered on top of an oval gradient which has a highlight on the screen.  Is this what you mean?
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Do you mean the faint blue shading circles behind the grid?  I think that is just an artifact of the gradient background fill color.
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes that's it, I wasn't sure if it should look like that or not. I have seen it for a long time. Now I know nothing is wrong with the machine.
    Thank you
    Terry, K7NY
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    That's what I am seeing is the oval gradient in the background. Now that I know it is normal I will stop worrying  about it. The ovals are pretty lite on this machine, I will try and darken it up.
    Thanks
    Terry
    K7NY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.