Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

question about transmit audio streaming

clint yates
clint yates Member ✭✭
I stream my receive audio to broadcastify for some nets on 75 meters.i use the dax channel to move the audio to the streaming program. What i want to do is stream my transmit audio as well. does anyone have a creative way to do that? thanks
clint w5ytt 

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can actually chose to listen to a recording device in Windows. You can even select where to listen, in essence sending the audio in the direction you want. Do that for your DAX TX audio.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

A picture is worth a thousand words.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    thanks, so are you saying you can map tx1 audio to rx1 audio?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I believe so. Not as much a "mapping" as a "listening". It's like listening to your mic.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    salvador, i tried it but it didnt work, but thanks
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I am getting a little frustrated. I cant figure this out. it shouldn't be this hard. I attached a pic of the dax control panel. when i transmit with my mic, the transmit meter on the dax control panel never indicates any audio. i would think that i need to see the transmitter audio meter to indicate my audio in order to stream  it. any ideas?image
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Oh, if it was as simple as EA4GL suggests (that method didn't work for me).

The ultimate solution will be to cajole those wizard programmers at FRS to enable "include transmission" into the Rx DAX streams. Until then, you might be interested in my old posts:

https://getsatisfaction.com/flexradio/topics/where-does-remote-headphone-connect-to

https://getsatisfaction.com/flexradio/topics/recording-qso-tx-and-rx-simultaneously-plan-a

and

https://getsatisfaction.com/flexradio/topics/recording-qso-tx-and-rx-simultaneously-plan-b

These days, now that my 6700 can do duplexing, I use another antenna to receive both my signals and the people on the other end on "the other receiver" in my 6700...

It will all amount to overcomplicated kludges until FRS graces us with a relatively simpler firmware/software fix!

Lotsa luck and let us know if you find a better solution!

Vy 73,
    Roy AC2GS
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can always use Remote and see it works that way as all the audio would be in the computer. A third option would be to connect a small mic to the computer to record your own audio when you transmit. Have the mic connect to the pc and run it so it ends besides your radio microphone.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled tx audio. Is there anyway to send my transmit audio to 3rd party software?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Clint, is broadcasting like that even legal? I know ARRL has special dispensation to do theirs.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I am.steaming it over the internet. What is the difference from that and someone listening shortwave? If u go to broadcastify there are a lot of people doing it. If it is illegal I would definitely stop but I can't find anything that says it is. Do you know a fcc regulation that says that?
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I think KZ1F thought that you were "broadcastifying" onto the Ham bands, not the Internet. 

I know of no law that limits recording and playing ham radio transmissions on different media (i.e. the Internet).
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You are correct Roy and I misunderstood. Sry for the confusion. If transmit audio streaming, transmit is the verb, if only subconsciously, that raised the question, I believe. But its all good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.