Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice focus and logging program (N3FJP)

N6WT Kent
N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi

I am a new Flex 6500 owner and am loving it!

My question is with my preferred contest logging program, N3FJP. I am able to get the program to read the info from Smart SDR and that is fine. When I want to transmit from a second panadapter I click on the TX in the "B" slice but the frequency in the logging program stays with the "A" slice. Is there away around this.

Sorry if my terminology is not correct. This is a big learning curve for me.

Thanks
Kent
NC6B

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have not found any yet.
    I have been using ACLog and the rest f the N3FJP contest suite for over 12 years.  Scott makes some fine programs.  But he hasn't implemented any way to link to multiple slices on a flex yet.

This is one reason that I have shifted my contesting programs to N1MM+.  Then I import my contacts into ACLog in order to upload them to LOTW and track them during "normal" operations.

Ken - NM9P
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I used to use Scott's program, but then there was discussion about the a/b vfo and after reading that on the yahoo group pages, I started searching and now use CommCat - you have to ask for the special 'flex 6000' version - and so you might try that and see if it meets your needs.

This is not an endorsement of any kind -  just letting you know what works for me.  There are LOTS of logging programs out there - I spent a lot of time to find the one I like, paid for plenty of them but it was worth the chase.

Cheers and Good Luck !

• N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ken

I have played with N1MM+ before. Does it shift the frequency form one slice to another? I may make the switch to it if it does. Althought it is to late to make the switch for CQ WW DX this weekend, I will just have to tuff it out.

Kent NC6B
  • N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Walt

Kent
    NC6B

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.