Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR N1MM voice

Jim
Jim Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone been successful for setting up N1MM+ Voice Keyer with Smart SDR, DAX, and Flex 6700?

Answers

• M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes. DAX is the way to go. Say you set up Slice A to use DAX CH1, you select "DAX Audio TX1" as the soundcard in N1MM+ and as far as I remember enable VOX in SSDR - I'm on my Mac at the moment and not at home so can't check if I did that or enabled PTT. You can still use the microphone and it will NOT transmit any audio the microphone receives until you press the PTT or footswitch if you're using one. So this means you can send CQs etc with N1MM+ Voice Keyer and reply with the mic even though DAX is selected as the audio input.

I was surprised at how well it works, especially with the ability to override the DAX input with the microphone. N1MM+ requires the sound files to be placed in a specif sub-folder which has your callsign as its name but you'll need to read the documentation for N1MM+ to find out what that is.
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015

All,

I have been able to use DAX with two Panadapters launched on the same band. For example, Slice A on 7.250 Mhz with DAX Enabled, and Slice A set to DAX Channel 1. Also, with a second Slice B launched within a second Panadapter I have assigned Slice B to 7.275 Mhz and with the DAX Channel 2 selected.

At this point I see both DAX channels in the DAX control panel indicating receive signals are present.

Now with the N1MM+ keyboard macros and launching of the Wav Files, if I select transmit focus from either the N1MM+ A Entry Window or the N1MM+ B Entry Window, the output in both cases only goes out on the DAX Channel 1. I also hear the Wave File Audio in my headset.

I am trying to get the N1MM+ A Entry Window to transmit out on the DAX Channel 1 and the N1MM+ B Entry Window to transmit out on DAX Channel 2.

Also, when I have been able to get the DAX Channel 2 to transmit shown by the DAX Control Panel, the transmission occurs, however, never keys the Flex 6700 via Smart SDR to go out over the air.

In the Windows 7 Microsoft Audio  settings there is a Volume Mixer, a menu for Playback devices, a menu for Recording Devices, and a menu for Volume Control options.

In addition these menus also depict 8 TX Audio selections, 8 RX Audio selections, 8 TX Audio Reserved selection, 8 RX Audio Reserved selections, and 8 of the TX and RX Digital I/Q selections.

I believe there may be a configuration required in these audio TX/RX options that would potentially solve the ability to allow separate Slice Transmit A channel and separate Slice Transmit B channels.

So, with either SO2V or SO2R selected in N1MM+ under configurations, in all cases, I never am able to get the B Channel to key the Radio and output over the B Channel. All transmissions are over the A Channel output.

Finally, I also observed a new SO2R Port Type as a selection within the Smart SDR CAT...........Does anyone know when and how port should this SO2R port be configured and how is it used?

Right now, I have only been creating Dedicated PTT/RTS port pairs and Shared CAT Port Pairs with DDUTIL, N1MM+, and SSDR.

The Windows 7 Audio Channel management and all of RX/TX of all categories that shows up in the Audio Management menus seems to be a little confusing and may be contributing to the entire end to end digital audio path that is being attempted to be configured.

My feeling is that the community is not at a point yet, with DAX, SSDR, N1MM+, and DDUTil integrated together for a solid N1MM+ audio generation for both VFO A and VFO B that would work in all situations.

Right now, I have configured a Super Combo Keyer II to use for both Voice and CW keying, and it works, every time. However, I hope there is ongoing efforts to improve the process for Windows Audio configuration settings, DAX Settings, N1MM+ SO2V or SO2R Audio Settings, and SSDR settings. ....................There currently is quite a bit of set up required for all to work together.

Regards,

Jim

K4PV

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Jim - Have you reviewed this How To Guide?  SO2R Mode with N1MM for the FLEX-6700 How to Guide

Also, we are adding features to SmartSDR v1.6.x (the next release) that will better integrate N1MM with the radio for using the digital voice keyer (wave file recording and playback).
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Tim,

Thanks for pointing me to this N1MM+ User Guide. It worked like a champ. All settings. Everything is operating great and very stable overall. Flex has done an excellent job in the overall efforts to integrate SSDR and Signature Radios with 3rd Party Contesting applications. This is the best I have seen so far. Kudos to the Flex Team. .........Can't wait to get my Maestro............

Regards,

Jim

K4PV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.