Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DSTAR implimentation not ready for primetime.

Options
Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Using NW Digital ThumbDV I get broken audio sometimes at other times I hear nothing although the panadapter is showing modulation. My setupimage

Comments

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Bob!  I heard you loud and clear today on 20m during the DSTAR HF Net.  Your audio sounded good.   Like you I'm only decoding about 10-20 percent of the signals I can see on the waterfall.   I think part of the issue with decodes is due to SSB signals in / around the freq. 

Part of the problem is the non Flex users cant hear or see traffic that is within our DSTAR bandwidth. With the Flex you can see everything around you and if it's not totally clear the chance of a decode is slim to none. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cal, I have an Icom IC-7100 and it doesn't care about SSB signals.
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The actual graphic you displayed does NOT seem to be showing a DStar signal. DStar looks like a hill or a **** and does NOT display modulation. It is a digital signal and does not indicate modulation - at least on my 6300. ---Gary WB8ROL
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gary, the photo was not meant to show the DSTAR modulation envelope. I was trying to illustrate if my setup was OK.
     Thanks for the critique.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The image you show does not have a D-Star signal to modulate so you will not hear anything. 
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    the image I'm showing is not one of a DSTAR signal, it's one where I wanted my setup verified. The reason I made the statement is that On Sunday AM I ran a recieve test using my 6500 and an Icom 7100 running DV. The 7100 heard a variety of DV signals whereas my 6500 heard some but the audio was broken up. I did get some good feedback on the transmitted signal from the 6500.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.