Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR pan displays

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
I am new to the flex (1500) but liking it so far.  Its the first radio I've had that has any kind of panadapter type display.  

I've been playing with the various options but I am finding that for my general eye I find setting "AVG" on and setting the display type to Panafall seems to give me the best view of the band.

I find in this mode it is easy to see signals, see types of signals, IE I'm learning to sense CW versus say rtty or even ssb.

How about the rest of you?  What display modes do you like best and why?

Thanks - Mark WS7M

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'm using the same settings, Mark, and I have adjusted the waterfall to show only signals
    I can respond to, eliminating all the noise.
    73, Alex DH2ID
  • John M
    John M Member
    edited October 2015
    Hello there Mark.

I also use the same settings you described to easily spot active traffic.  After a while, you will be able to identify modes of various signals just by the way they appear on your waterfall screen.  One added bit of advice might be to adjust the sensitivity setting of your waterfall screen.  You can do that by clicking on the "setup" tab which brings up a menu screen.  Then select the "Display" tab, which brings you to another screen with a whole lot of variable parameters.  Look at the "waterfall" section of that screen.  Look at and adjust the "Low Level" parameter up or down while you are receiving a weak signal to get the best result on your waterfall display.  I hope that helps in some way Mark.

Regards:  John  VE3INH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.