Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any error checking with the DStar/ThumbDV?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Right now I can't find any DStar stations, so I'll probably wait until I get my 70cm transverter in a week or two, but I have been tinkering around with it.

Is there any way to check that the ThumbDV is fully operational, short of having a DStar QSO? I removed the ThumbDV and the rest of the software did not pop up a single error window to ask "****". The software acts the same with or without the dongle, although I am sure that without the dongle you won't hear any DStar QSOs.

Answers

• Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    DSTAR HF net tonight starting at 8:30PM E. Prenet starts at 8PM E.

Find someone to talk to at HF.DSTAR-RELAY.NET
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    If the ThumbDV dongle is not communication with the radio hardware when you try and transmit, all you will see on the panadapter is a single tone, like you are doing a TUNE.  I have added an entry in our bug tracker to investigate additional alerts if transmit dependencies have not been met.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.