Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartsdr 1.51 Flex Control install crashes W7 64 bit PC

Martin Smith
Martin Smith Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
On installing Smartsdr version 1.51 on my 64 bit W7 Pro. Build 6.1.7601 SP1 PC, I get a lock up when the Flex Control 64 bit driver install is started.
I have tried uninstalling other versions but cannot clear the problem. Even took out all mentions of smartsdr and Flex Control, to no avail.
I have successfully update my two laptops, one on W10 and one on W8
As I cannot use in the shack with my main PC your help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited October 2015
    I think i have had a similar issue - since installing 1.5 on a w7 laptop and upgrading my 6300 to 1.5 i get a error and crash of ssdr every time i plug in a flex control. It was working fine with previous ssdr version. I have not had time to go back to 1.4.16 to see if the issue goes away yet. I upgraded my 6500 to 1.5 on my main radio laptop and no problem with that and no crashes. I will investigate more next week when i have more time as rsgb hf convention this weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.