Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

remote powersdr

g4jnw
g4jnw Member
I have, due to a temp disability been unable to operate my Flexradio-3000 apart from by using Teamviewer or MS remote desktop and a mouse, I bought a griffin power mate thinking it would work as its a programable mouse really. I can't get it to work remotely it will work ok if plugged into the computer where the flex is plugged into. I did wonder whether any other device, including the flex control would work? I did email griffin and they blamed the remote desktop but as a mouse works am not sure why the others don't. I have tried various remote desktops and none work, would be grateful if others have found the solution. Im surprised as there are many videos on Youtube on flex by remote but all are by mouse.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I suspect the Griffin support folks are right.  The remote control software (teamviewer, MS remote, etc..) have to know what exactly is the HID (human interface device) plugged into the local computer and how that translates to the remote.  A mouse is a standard user interface.  The Griffin PowerMate is not.  I do not know of a way to make it operate in a PC remote configuration.
  • g4jnw
    g4jnw Member
    edited June 2016
    In my quest to never accept it can't be done I usually hit a brick wall thats due to my lack of knowledge but this time i have come across an amateur (KE9NS) who is also determined to get it going, he says he has got it working and will upload the program to his website when he has got it finished, so if others want to keep an eye on it then test it and feedback am sure he would be grateful. 
    What he says is quote "This will send keyboard shortcuts to ANY focused window including Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is fussy on how it receives keystrokes"

http://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html
  • g4jnw
    g4jnw Member
    edited June 2016
    Success!!!! griffin said it couldn't be done - with the help of KE9NS who has a website http://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html - he has written a program for the griffin to work remotely - here is what I've tried first - you will see on the page the file that says download this zip file (under the section with the picture of the power mate) download it and in my case it was to get it going on my Flex transceiver, unpack the zip file and copy the dll file into, again in my case the flex radio folder, then run the exe file (the other file in the zip file you have unpacked) and then run your program (NOTE: you dump the dll file in your remote flex folder and run the exe file on your local one) - I haven't yet tried it in other SDR programs but don't see any reason that it won't work.
  • g4jnw
    g4jnw Member
    edited June 2016
    have uploaded a video on Youtube to show it working
    https://youtu.be/pBcZ2lHnhkU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.