Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice property change event trigger - frequency change

Paul RN3A
Paul RN3A Member
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR API
I am trying to change slice frequency with slice.Freq = NewFrequency; 
It does change the frequency of the slice almost instantly, but it doesn't seem to be triggering slice property event handler. But if I change slice frequency in SSDR, event handler triggers. What am I doing wrong?

I need this event handler to trigger, what needs to be done?

Paul RN3A

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Based on what I am looking at, you should get a PropertyChanged event fired with that code so long as the NewFrequency is not the same as the existing one.  This is an optimization to avoid unnecessary events from being triggered when the data is not changing.  Could this be the issue?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The slice.PropertyChanged event works great now that I have it figured out. I do not see where it is documented on the wiki. Is it documented?

Before I learned out to use the slice.PropertyChanged, I was trying to use the SlicePanReferenceChangeEventHandler (Slice slc) which never fired. When is this event triggered?
  • James Whiteway
    edited September 2015
    Is that event Public in Flelib? If not, you may not be able to use it. I tried, (unsuccessfully) to use events that I found in different classes in Flexlib , only to find out that they were not visible outside the lib itself. Visual Studio's intellisense usually prevents you from calling non-public classes and events. James WD5GWY
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The  SlicePanReferenceChangeEventHandler (Slice slc) is documented as "Delegate event handler for the SlicePanReferenceChange event", but I don't know how to trigger that.

The slice.PropertyChanged and radio.PropertyChanged events don't have any documentation that I can find in the Wiki, but I have figured out how to use it by reading posts in the Community.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The wiki is primarily for the Ethernet API at this point.  You can go to http://www.flexradio.com/flexlib for FlexLib Doxygen generated docs.

The SlicePanReferenceChangeEvent only fires when a Slice's Panadapter Reference is set.  Since we typically don't change a Panadapter reference once a Slice is initialized today, this probably isn't terribly useful for you.  I believe we use it in initialization.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.