Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Minideluxe, Ham Radio Deluxe SSDR CAT on Windows 10?

Steve G1XOW
Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Has anyone got this working with Windows 10 yet?

I tried porting my current SmartSDR+CAT+DAX, Ham Radio Deluxe, Minideluxe to a Windows 10 machine.

Everyting worked fine except there was some problem with either Minideluxe or SSDR CAT as none of the virtual serial ports were available, nor could they be configured. Making my test a waste of time.

I have not spent long enough yet to know if the problem is with SSDR CAT module or Minideluxe.

Any clues please before hours of head scratching?

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I've got SSDR, DAX and CAT supported software all work fine with Win10.
  • Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    this describes my setup to a T. SSDR/HRD/MiniDeluxe, hope you find the problem. they haven't released W10 yet. good luck.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I can't get my CAT to create serial ports. It says it did it in the CAT program, but doesn't work with my logging program and doesn't show up in my device manager.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Try removing the ports with CAT.  Then using this procedure, remove all hidden or ghosted ports.  https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200883925-Removing-Hidden-or-Ghosted-Com-ports

Then reboot and try it again.

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I read somewhere HRD needs to be upgraded to get it to work with 10, but don't quote me since I know nothing about HRD
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Windows 10 upgrade somehow corrupted something in my registry with both the DAX and CAT. After trying several things, rebooting, rebuilding, etc, I finally uninstalled my SSDR and reinstalled it. Everything works perfect now.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Did you try the compatibility mode for these programs?
  • Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    i accidentally installed W10 after which i had to remove all vestiges of SmartSDR, SmartCat, and DAX. once i reinstalled the latest ver. of SmartSDR and reloaded the SmartCAT COM ports everything appears to be working fine, Mini-Deluxe, HRD logbook, 2 instances of WSJT-X, etc.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just upgraded to WIndows 10 as well and the only problem I ran into is what was already stated.  The com ports got all **** up so, I just removed SSDR and reinstalled and all is fine. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.